Tiled wallpapers

I have created a few tiled wallpapers (960x540) to work on different screen resolutions, such as 3840x2160 and 1024x600. An addition to the Fvwm defaults.
https://wallpapercave.com/u/rasat

Found a filter in Gimp that creates seamless images, click link

If you want to add your wallpapers to the default configuration, make a pull request on github.

About github I am still a newbie. :smile: How do you do a pull request? Do I do it from my newly created repo “Tiled-wallpapers” or from the “fvwm3” repo which I never understood how it landed in my github. Or from where?

Good thing this is documented.

Scroll down to submitting a pull request.

Once you get forking, commits, and pull requests figured out, you can update the fvwm wiki in a similar manner using the fvwmorg.github.io repository.

Please don’t ask me to read git-related manuals because they are written for people who already know how things work. Not for newbies who are not familiar with the git terminologies (fork, pull, push, merge, etc.) I am a fast learner when steps are shown. :slight_smile:

1. Can I use the fvwm3 repo in my github.? I have updated it with “Fetch Upstream”.
  2. My suggested tiled wallpapers I am adding in this folder.
  3. After updates/uploads, I will click “Pull requests” ???

4 new tiled wallpapers are suggested for the default configuration. Also a new default wallpaper. “Floral” is replaced with “Desktop”.

desktop-tiled-th

Next, I will take a look at the Fvwm wiki.

Five new tiled wallpapers are uploaded, check here.

I renewed the new wallpapers to have a proper/solid look when loaded from the upper-left screen corner. It makes a difference on the left side. This is tiled Work Desk in action.

work-tiled-sample3

Nice collection. The Gimp Tile Seamless filter is interesting.
On GitHub another tile collection.

I renewed again the four tiled images for Fvwm Kise: Web Desk, Email Desk, Work Desk, and Misc. Desk. Now, they are ready, check here.

1 Like

They are beautiful. :star2: How did you make, not easy for seamless images.

It is easy and fast to develop Fvwm scripts but a wallpaper can take a looong time. Same as making a painting… never satisfied, constantly changing.

The Tiled Web Desk image is interesting. I added yoga to it and one picture of mine. :smiley: In Helsinki, I conduct weekly Senior Yoga in three places, a total of 100 people. Big demand among elderly people. :person_in_lotus_position: :person_in_lotus_position:

1 Like